Hello and Welcome!
Living by the Brush facilitates mindful art-making experiences where the focus is on the process, not the outcome. I provide a safe, non-judgmental space for you to explore and express yourself through creativity.
We are based in Columbus, Ohio. Our public events are hosted at Purple Dog Art Studio, located at 28 S. High St, New Albany, OH 43054. We will also facilitate events off site around Central Ohio. Depending on how far we have to travel, there may be an extra $25.00 travel fee.
What is Mindful Art?
Mindfulness is the practice of purposely bringing one's attention to the present moment, becoming an observer of one’s thoughts and emotions without judgment. While mindfulness has its roots in meditation, it can be practiced through activities such as art-making.
Creating art allows a person to become absorbed in what they are experiencing in the present moment, often described as being “in the flow.” Mindful art teaches people how to let go of the outcome and focus on what’s unfolding in the present moment.
The mindful art practices I offer are simple and accessible to everyone. One need not be an “artist” to participate in these practices. It’s not about what you see in front of you at the end. It’s about what you discover about yourself during the process.
As a mindful art facilitator, I guide you through simple and fun creative processes, providing a safe space for you to practice mindfulness through art-making. My workshops and classes are an opportunity to give yourself permission to explore, express and play through creativity. My mindful art classes and workshops are held in Columbus, Ohio and the Central Ohio area.
Who is Mindful Art for?
My offerings are perfect for people interested in:
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Creative self-care practices
- Relaxing and reducing stress through art-making
- Personal growth and discovery
- Finding insight through art-making
- Using art to develop greater self-awareness
- Incorporating more creativity and play into their life
- Cultivating mental, emotional and spiritual well-being through art
- Utilizing simple art practices to inform and inspire creativity
Benefits of Mindful Art
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Calming and relaxing
- Increased sense of well-being
- Increased self-awareness
- Increases positive feelings
- Helps tame the inner critic
- Gentle way to regulate emotions
- Stimulates creativity and creative thinking
Disclaimer: Mindful art is not art therapy and I am not an art therapist. If you would like to use art for deeper psychological work then you may want to seek out a licensed art therapist.